A fierce Atlantic storm, Desmond, struck parts of northern England, southern Scotland and Ireland the first weekend in December 2015, with a new national record for rainfall accumulation in a 24-hour period.
Home > Storms
- Geert Jan van Oldenborgh, 1961–2021
- Heavy rainfall which led to severe flooding in Western Europe made more likely by climate change
- Western North American extreme heat virtually impossible without human-caused climate change
- Human-caused climate change increased the likelihood of early growing period frost in France
- Pathways and Pitfalls in extreme event attribution