2014 looks increasingly likely to be the warmest year ever recorded in Europe, according to a new analysis of European temperature records dating back to the 1500s. What role did global warming play?
Home > 2014
- Compounding natural hazards and high vulnerability led to severe impacts from Horn of Africa flooding exacerbated by climate change and Indian Ocean Dipole
- Extreme poverty rendering Madagascar highly vulnerable to underreported extreme heat that would not have occurred without human-induced climate change
- Human-induced climate change compounded by socio-economic water stressors increased severity of drought in Syria, Iraq and Iran
- Strong influence of climate change in uncharacteristic early spring heat in South America
- Interplay of climate change-exacerbated rainfall, exposure and vulnerability led to widespread impacts in the Mediterranean region