During the first two weeks of September 2023 torrential rain fell in several countries across the Mediterranean, caused by low-pressure systems forming around a blocking high centred over the Netherlands.
Home > Mediterranean
- Interplay of climate change-exacerbated rainfall, exposure and vulnerability led to widespread impacts in the Mediterranean region
- Climate change more than doubled the likelihood of extreme fire weather conditions in Eastern Canada
- Extreme heat in North America, Europe and China in July 2023 made much more likely by climate change
- Limited data prevent assessment of role of climate change in deadly floods affecting highly vulnerable communities around Lake Kivu
- Limited net role for climate change in heavy spring rainfall in Emilia-Romagna