The worst drought in decades gripped north and central Ethiopia in 2015, affecting nearly 10 million people. The resulting food scarcity meant more than eight million people in the parched country needed emergency food aid, according to the United Nations.
Home > Drought
- Limited net role for climate change in heavy spring rainfall in Emilia-Romagna
- Extreme humid heat in South Asia in April 2023, largely driven by climate change, detrimental to vulnerable and disadvantaged communities
- Extreme April heat in Spain, Portugal, Morocco & Algeria almost impossible without climate change
- Human-induced climate change increased drought severity in Horn of Africa
- The role of climate change in extreme rainfall associated with Cyclone Gabrielle over Aotearoa New Zealand’s East Coast