With colleagues at the University of Reading, we performed a simple analysis to assess what factors played a role in this record heat, specifically the roles of greenhouse gas emissions associated with global warming, the natural climate oscillation known as El Niño, as well as solar activity and volcanic aerosols.
Home > News
- Human-caused climate change increased the likelihood of early growing period frost in France
- Pathways and Pitfalls in extreme event attribution
- Siberian heatwave of 2020 almost impossible without climate change
- Attribution of the Australian bushfire risk to anthropogenic climate change
- Rapid attribution of the extreme rainfall in Texas from Tropical Storm Imelda