With colleagues at the University of Reading, we performed a simple analysis to assess what factors played a role in this record heat, specifically the roles of greenhouse gas emissions associated with global warming, the natural climate oscillation known as El Niño, as well as solar activity and volcanic aerosols.
Home > News
- Heavy rainfall which led to severe flooding in Western Europe made more likely by climate change
- Western North American extreme heat virtually impossible without human-caused climate change
- Human-caused climate change increased the likelihood of early growing period frost in France
- Pathways and Pitfalls in extreme event attribution
- Siberian heatwave of 2020 almost impossible without climate change