A relentless downpour pounded Tamil Nadu’s capital city of Chennai on December 1, 2015, flooding and submerging one of India’s largest cities. The heaviest one-day rainfall in the region – as much as 494 mm (19.45 inches) – in more than a century left more than three million people without basic services.
Home > Asia
- Human contribution to the record-breaking July 2019 heatwave in Western Europe
- Human contribution to record-breaking June 2019 heatwave in France
- A limited role for unforced internal variability in 20th century warming
- The August 2017 Bangladesh floods
- Super Typhoon Mangkhut heading for the Philippines