Torrential rains drenched south Louisiana in mid August, with parts of the state receiving nearly 30 inches of rain between 10–17. The extreme nature of this event left many asking whether climate change may have played a role.
Home > North America
- Interplay of climate change-exacerbated rainfall, exposure and vulnerability led to widespread impacts in the Mediterranean region
- Climate change more than doubled the likelihood of extreme fire weather conditions in Eastern Canada
- Extreme heat in North America, Europe and China in July 2023 made much more likely by climate change
- Limited data prevent assessment of role of climate change in deadly floods affecting highly vulnerable communities around Lake Kivu
- Limited net role for climate change in heavy spring rainfall in Emilia-Romagna